Wednesday, November 30, 2011

spreading some christmas cheer

When Misha was 5 he started bringing home some great drawings, so at Christmas I thought these would make perfect Greeting Cards. The drawings weren't made by me specifically, but I pulled them together into some cute Christmas Postcards.


I scanned in all the images and one of his "signatures" and then on Publisher arranged the different elements so that I could just cut straight through horizontally & vertically to make the cards.

The one tricky bit was the back side. Since I wanted postcards I designed the backside like traditional postcards with a pre-printed greeting (in a couple of languages of course!) and our signature - leaving enough room for a personal handwritten message. I used our address as the middle bar leaving the right hand side free for the address of the recipient.

(I added the green line here to show the cutting lines, but did not keep them on the final print out)

Now all I had to do was print them out back to front before cutting them in 4!

I liked this way of showing off Misha's art and a twist on more traditional cards. Lara is starting to get to the same age Misha was and her art is starting to blossom. Not sure about this year, but next year for sure I'm getting her to draw for me...

So, do you still send out snail mail greeting cards?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...