Tuesday, December 6, 2011

happy saint nikolaus

Since I was little my mom always celebrated Saint Nikolaus, as is done in Germany on December 6th, filling my stocking with a few goodies. It's been a while since I got my act together to get my kids' stockings up in time and have something to put in them, but since I just got back from Cologne I had plenty of tidbits!!

And above all I had new stockings! Well, not brand new of course...

I've had this project in mind for a while to make the whole family some matching Christmas stockings, and since the Summer I knew what I would make them from: Jeans!


The little side pockets are perfect for smaller items and I'm sure with time I'll find a use for the back pocket too!

For now I've just attached them to a board with some ribbon (I used a different colour for each of us), but ultimately I'd like to customise each one with our names and maybe more??....

I'm open to suggestions for the personalisation!

So, do you celebrate St Nikolaus day too? How??

If you want to learn more about Saint Nikolaus clic here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...