Friday, February 22, 2013

mr. postman

Pin It
We buy stamps and I store them away somewhere, and of course when it comes to mailing a letter, it's impossible to find them....typical!! So I decided to create a space for them to "live" where I'm sure they won't get lost in other papers on my desk!

My dad smokes cigars in different sizes and regularly keeps the small cigarillo tins for me, so I have a little stash that was waiting for me to transform them.


Now, what better to decorate a stamp tin with than with...stamps! I found a stash of old stamps, placed them in warm water to unglue the bits of paper they were stuck to and sorted through them to chose the ones I wanted to use.


Lucky for me the stamps fit perfectly to cover the tin lid. A couple of coats of Mod Podge and hey presto....



 
So now I know exaclty where they are when I need them! I'm still contemplating attaching a magnet to the back of the tin and I could stick them on my magnet board behing the front door for very easy access....

any other uses for cigar boxes or stamps??

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...