Tuesday, February 26, 2013

too da loo


Pin ItAbout this same time last year a friend of mine posted a link to the following page or something similar: 20-things-to-do-with-toilet-paper-rolls. Now I'm always up for a challenge and love thinking out of the box and recycling, so doing something along these lines was just up my alley....

I really love no. 8 Cable Storage and since cables can be a nightmare I opted to tackle this one!

You may have seen my post on my mola desk tidy. The different drawers hold paper and notebooks, I have for USB keys and memory cards and one for cords and cables: iPhone, camera cable, cable for my label machine etc...

I decided to paint the inside of each roll black with plain acrylic paints; super easy and dries in no time. Then in keeping with my mola theme I cut out swatches that fit the size of the tube and mod podged over the whole thing to make it stick and give it a great finish.


Originally I had printed the labels for each roll contents in white onto the mola design, but it didn't stand out nicely, so I opted to print labels with white text on a black background and add them on top of each roll.


In German there is an expression I love for jumbled up cables: Bandsalat (translated Cable salad). Well, no more "Bandsalat" on this desk. Every cable is in its space nicely tucked away! And how perfect is this, a toilet paper roll fits perfectly into a drawer!!!


If you're looking for more toilet paper roll inspiration check this page out on Pinterest.

Have you made anything fun with toilet paper rolls?




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...